Finance Manager, Aga Khan Early Learning Centre
Aga Khan Early Learning Centre
The Aga Khan Early Learning Centre (AKELC), located in Oud Metha, is a small, non-profit high-quality nursery and preschool serving children, aged 12 months to 4 years. The AKELC facilities are purpose-built, spacious and modern and provide children and teachers with engaging and aesthetically pleasing teaching and learning spaces. The Centre opened its doors in 2010.
Experienced Finance Manager will manage all aspects of the financial operations of the AKELC. She will carry responsibility for the full range of financial services for the effective management of the Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and monitor financial plans, budgets and forecasts in consultation with management and head office.
- Develop, manage and maintain integrity of the accounting system, revenues, expenditures, internal controls, payrolls, procurement, assets (cash, inventory, fixed assets etc.), and management systems etc.
- Coordinate statutory/annual audits, and other internal and external financial reviews and assessments.
- Prepare the annual budget by working with management and prepare the budget submission in head office template.
- Prepare budget updates monthly and annually as requested by the head office and conduct variance analysis.
- Complete Monthly Management reports (P&L / Cash request / Forecast) and Quarterly head office reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate periodic reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with auditors, Grants and Review Board, financial institutions, AKELC parents, head office, and other government corporate and regulatory authorities.
- Facilitate procurement of all assets and consumables ensuring compliance with the AKELC procurement policies. Maintains schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Process report and related work for VAT to review board and FTA.
- Make bank deposits on a weekly basis, as needed, make deposit summaries (from the receipt book) and issue checks.
- Pay bills and sort out all online bank services.
- Collect petty cash receipts, make reimbursements and track expenses.
- Manage snack fee collection, pay vendors and track expenses.
- Complete monthly payroll processing; prepare WPS and handle relevant bank communication. Track and record End of Service Benefits and other employee benefits.
- Collect fees from parents, issue receipts and maintain records for each term keeping current at all times; ensure that all fees are paid in a timely manner. Provide management monthly reports on payment status of the Centre.
- Evaluate and assess Financial feasibility of various initiatives.
- Develop, periodically reassess and ensure compliance with corporate financial and accounting policies and procedures as well as compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Identify, assess and monitor corporate and business risks and put necessary interventions in place to mitigate those risks and ensure the optimum use of AKELC funds.
- Assist management in managing the annual license renewals and submission of additional paperwork to relevant government authorities. Also maintain statutory paperwork according to government specifications.
- Be familiar with all front desk routines, policies and procedures. Be available as needed, on occasion, to assist in receiving visitors and answering phones.
- Regularly gather market intelligence on competitor nurseries.
- Support management to plan and implement special events.
- Coordinate with the HR/Operations Officer on all accounting and financial issues.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum 3 years' working experience in the field
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Experience working with VAT in U.A.E.
- Experience with audit, budgeting, financial planning/forecasting, and such
- Experience with various accounting softwares
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The candidate will show strong evidence of cultural sensitivity, ability to interact with a variety of clientele and stakeholders, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Female - as per the U.A.E. regulatory government authority requirements, nurseries may only employ female workers within their setting
- Professional qualifications preferred
- Self-motivated and takes initiative in their workload
- Team player; willingness to assist when needed in other areas
Only candidates that hold the essential skills, experience and attributes should apply.
Kindly send your cover letter and CV to Ms. Irnesa on IRNESA.HODZIC@AKELCDUBAI.ORG